As a skin professional, I witness people implement a lot of bad skincare habits when cleaning their faces, such as rubbing their face downwards, touching their skin with dirty hands, or improperly cleansing their skin. So, I’m going to give you the steps and extra tips on how to wash your skin like a PROFESSIONAL!
Let’s get started! You are going to need a gentle face towel, your recommended face wash, a silicone cleansing device, pre-cleanser, hyaluronic acid or a hydrating mist.
- Wash your hands with warm water and your hand soap. Scrub your hands and all your fingers for at least 20 seconds. Please wash your hands before… you would be surprised on how many people don’t separately cleanse their hands before touching their face!
- Use an oil cleanser! This is very helpful to bring up the dirt and makeup from within your skin to the surface. It is much recommended to do before going to bed especially. I highly recommend to not use your kitchen’s olive oil or coconut oil!
- Grab your recommended face wash. Face washes are very important, many times it can make or break your skin. So, make sure you are using a face wash you feel is improving your skin, or a face wash that was recommended by your esthetician. As you are thoroughly cleansing in little circles, go ahead and massage your face to relieve tension.
- Please drop those harsh bacteria invested brush cleansing devices and switch to a silicone cleansing device which is gentle and antibacterial. This will give you a deeper cleanse and gently exfoliate your skin.
- Rinse with cool water
- Pat your skin dry with a gentle clean face towel! Don’t rub your skin dry because it drags your face causing more stress and can be just too harsh. Treat your skin with love and care.
- Now my favorite part - apply moisture to your skin! You can do your full skin routine including your favorite moisture. You can also apply a nice hydrating mist or a hyaluronic acid to give your skin an even bigger drink of water. If you're doing this routine for daytime, then apply SPF as well.
Now that you are cleansing like a pro, you can go ahead and do the rest of your skin care routine with a fresh, relaxed, and hydrated skin.
Esthetician Isabella Rose Mercado